KIDS ORTHODONTICS (BRACES)
Orthodontics or braces treament in children yields magical results.
Visiting a dentist for orthodontic evaluation is still a new concept for many of us. Orthodontic conditions are simply easy to treat in childhood and to know your child does not require any such treatment can be a reason to visit dentist. It is all about preventing more severe problems later on.
By age seven a child’s mouth has enough structure to assess how it will develop as the permanent teeth start to emerge. Our orthodontist can identify bite issues at early age and also provide solution for conditions like thumb sucking or tongue pushing.
The benefits of seeking an early orthodontic opinion:
- A better prognosis for how the permanent teeth will develop
- The ability to correct any habits that may be the cause of development problems, such as thumb sucking or tongue pushing
- Correcting bite problems like an open bite, cross bite or deep bite
- The ability to guide the growth of the jaw to accommodate emerging teeth
- Lowering the risk of damage to any protruding teeth
- The ability to improve your child’s appearance
- Creating a more pleasing and functional arrangement of teeth, lips and face
- Alleviating future, and possibly more invasive, dental correction
- Increasing self-esteem and confidence in your child